- People make ultras.
- Ultra runners are amazing people.
- Ultras are the friendliest of races full of comradeship and mutual respect.
- My friends Maggie and Peter ran the Fling as their first ultra. And they were AMAZING!!
- My other fellow DRC members running the race were full of support and enthusiasm when I had none left - they are pretty awesome.
- DRC member Ali was running her first 50 miler and she rocked! She is going to do so well with her other races this year - I am so excited to watch her progress. She just gets better and better.
- Susan is great at many things. Her talents include being an awesome training partner, top notch pre-race banter, motivational speaking during the race and expert application of vaseline.
- The organisation of the Hoka Highland Fling was like nothing I have ever experienced before. It really is a class event and I would recommend it to anyone and everyone wanting to run an ultra. I cannot praise it enough.
- Scotland is bloody marvelous.
- Scotland is beautiful, and sometimes a wee bit brutal.
- Tailwind Nutrition (naked flavour) is the bees knees!
- There is always time for a bit more vaseline.
- We should always try and look up and take in the view.
- There is always a place for a John Kynaston spreadsheet.
- Monument Photos are a fanastic company letting us have their photos for free!
- Highland Fling goody bags are the best out there - all killer, no filler.
- My legs still hurt....
Wednesday, 29 April 2015
Ultras are about people - a few extra thoughts from the Fling.
Here are a few wee thought's that I thought I would put separately to my main race report.